Thursday 6 October 2011

Skying - The Horrors

Skying (2011) is the third studio album of The Horrors and is quite an incredible album. The artwork is definitely my favourite of the summer and perhaps even the year.  It's simplicity makes it.

The background is simply a picture of the sky (relating to the album title) and the sea. The vintage look that I aspire to use has been created on this album through the use of lens burn filters. The orange burn distorts the photograph, creating an eye-catching blend of colours. Another feature this cover uses that I will use is the title spaced across the middle in Helvetica, because it cuts across the very centre the text is hard to avoid this means it instantly makes an impact on the audience.

I will use this album through out the design and production of my own, as I feel it is closest to what I want to achieve and is truly quite beautiful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment