Tuesday 15 November 2011

Photo Editing

Having selected a photograph of a Beetle at the Stanford Hall VW show, which I thought was appropriate as a 'vintage' image, I knew I would need to edit the background so the Beetle is the only subject and focus in the picture. The people in the photograph make it look extremely messy and even after cropping it to the square size of the bottom picture they were still visible. 



To combat this and improve the photograph I used Photoshop Elements' Clone Stamp Tool. This allows you to select an area of the image that has the correct texture and paint it onto your designated area. I recreated the stone path so that that part was continuous and then decided to make all of the top of the photo grass so that the car looked as though it was part in front of an empty field. When I was happy the grass looked realistic and natural I put a filter over the image to get a retro look, which can be seen in the digipak.

No comments:

Post a Comment